Jeane Vogel is an award-winning mixed media & photo artist who has spent nearly 40 years (YIKES!) crafting art with light and lenses. She uses traditional and experimental tools and techniques to expose the world of nature, faith and humankind in a singular light.
She was selected as a featured artist in the book, Best of America Photography 2010.
Jeane Vogel exhibits her photography in galleries, art fairs and exhibits throughout North America. In addition to photographic art, Jeane produces work in clay, pastels, fiber, and watercolors.
Special Project: Dare to Touch the Face of God
Full Website: Vogelpix.com
Jeane Vogel Fine Art on Facebook
jeanevogelart on Twitter
- Best of Mixed Media,Midwest Salute to the Masters, 2012
- Award of Excellence, Artfest on Walnut Street, 2011
- Complete list here
- Best of America Photography 2010
- New York Times, May 25, 2009
- Ladue News, cover photo, January 2009
- Women of Reform Judaism Art Calendar, 2008-2009
- 2005 Fodor’s Guide to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, cover photo
- St. Louis Parent Magazine, March 2006, cover photo
- SBC Yellow Pages, December 2005
- Miscellaneous images: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Ladue News, St. Louis Jewish Light,
Sauce Magazine, SL Louis Chinese American News
Exhibits (Selections, full list upon request)
- Women’s Works 2013, Northwest Area Arts Council, March 7- April 28, 2013
Crystal Lake, IL.
- PaperWork In, On, and Of Paper IV, Foundry Art Center, St. Charles, MO, Feb 8
March 22, 2013
- Fond Memories, solo show of mixed media, By Design Gallery, Alton, IL, Jan 19
Feb 23, 2013
- Bound, Women’s Caucus for Art, Phoenix Gallery, Chelsea, NY Feb 1-16, 2013
(catalog only), juried by Cora Rosevear, Curator, Painting and Sculpture
Department, Museum of Modern Art, NY
- Longevitiy, WCA interntional biennial, St. Louis Univeristy Museum of Art, Aug –
- Earth Through a Lens,Museum of Photographic Arts (San Diego) from April 1
-June 30, 2012 EXTENDED to October 2012
- Song of the Land, group exhibit, HUC Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. Jan – April 2012,
juried by Ruth Weisberg
- What the Eye Cannot See, Solo Exhibit, St. Louis Community College, Oct.1, 2011
-Jan. 23, 2012
- Sacred Movement, Solo exhibit, Third Degree Glass Factory, Feb 18 – March 17,
- Venus Envy, St. Louis, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2005
- Solo exhibit, Third Degree Glass Factory, Feb 18 – March 17, 2011
- Polaroid – Past, Present & Future, Gallery at Union Ave Church, St. Louis,
July 2- August 2, 2009
- Through the Eyes of a Child, Missouri Adoption Heart Gallery, 2008-2011.
- Memento Chai, a solo exhibit of Jewish art created for and published in the
Women of Reform Judaism 2008-09 Art Calendar. Central Reform Congregation, 2008
- Women’s Works, March 6- April 26, 2008, Northwest Area Arts Council, Crystal Lake, IL.
- Magic Silver, Jan 21-Feb 22, 2008. Eagle Art Gallery, Murray State University, Murray, KY.
Other Professional Activities
- Women’s Caucus for Art, National Board, 2011-2013
- Artist-in-Residence, Viva Vox, 2009-2011
- Artist-in-Residence, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, 2007
- Curator, Sukkat Shalom international juried art exhibition, September 2007, St. Louis
- Exhibition co-chair, Venus Envy 2007 & 2006. Exhibition committee member, Venus Envy 2005
- Heart Adoption Gallery Missouri featured photographer. 2006 -2009
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation, Volunteer Affiliate Photographer, 2007 to present
- Board of Directors, Women’s Caucus for Art-St. Louis Chapter, 2006-2008
- Guest Artist, COCA Urban Arts Program, 2006
- Artist-in-Residence, Reform Jewish Academy, 2002 and 2005 (clay and photography)